
Hello everyone! I wanted to setup a medium of communication (ok, debate, really) for all of us to share our views and opinions on all that's going on out there. I hope this will be both enriching and rewarding as we learn more about each other and keep in touch!
I think the topic of first debate will obviously be the Presidential Elections. Yvonne's note about Obama being "The One" and subsequent replies from Heidi and Ken are the inspiration for this project. So come right up and create a post to let everyone know where you stand on the issues!
3 comments:
Hi everyone, I am new to the blogosphere, so I'm just trying this out to see if it works. My political observation for today is that I thought the McCain acceptance speech was wonderful, so positive and uplifting even, so sincere and heartfelt. I think it was a model of how all political speeches should be; nobody was bashed, no name calling, no sarcastic one-liners, all of it reasonable and heartfelt. It really made me like John McCain, but I'm still voting for Obama.
Well, to be honest...
Both Obama and McCain have seemingly good intentions, appear sincere, and both seem passionate about making serious changes in their presidency.
The problem are:
Will Obama figure out how to be a president in just 4 short years? and will McCain still be alive in just 4 short years?
Perplexing...
Can we have a family website based entirely on comments? And if we write our own post does everyone get an email?
As far as the campaign goes, I think it is interesting how much Sarah Palin has dominated the coverage of late. No matter which way it goes, history will be made with either an African American or a woman. I happened to see Michael Moore on Larry King the other night. He thought race wouldn't be an issue for voters and Obama and I hope he's right. It sounds like the same will definitely not be true with Palin as a woman and voters. I'll keep my opinions to myself on that one.
Post a Comment